ShareMe Compact Plugin
- Last update: 20 November 2011
- File size: 19.55 KB
- Version: 1.5.6
- Downloaded: 21644
- Author: Mustaq Sheikh
- License: GPL
This is a version of ShareMe with the same features except that the Share buttons are compact. The original version with large buttons can be found here.
Log into your Joomla Admin area Install the plugin using the Joomla Installer feature Go to your Joomla Plugin Manager and search for and select the ShareMe plugin Enter the ID of any Catergory you DO NOT want the Tweetme link to show on Enable the Plugin and select ""Save" Clear your Browsers cache if necessary to see the plugin in action. See the Demo here.
From Version 1.5.0 you do not need to uninstall the previous versions. All changed files are automatically updated and your configuratons are preserved.
You can choose to exclude the ShareMe plugin from the sites Frontpage, a specific article, section or category.
You can choose whether to have the button display nest to the article Title or the Article text.
You can choose to display the button on the left or right of the article Title.
You can define your ow CSS rules for positioning and styling like the background of the button.
You do not have a choice of using the standard or smaller compact button display. This is soemthing we need to add to the next major release.
You can choose if you would like the link to Twitter to open in a new Browser window so you visitors stay on your site.
NEW in 1.5.5 !
+ Added options to select what buttons to show Google Buzz.
- Replaced Tweetmeme Button with the Offical Twitter Buttton
and general code cleanup
NEW in 1.5.4 !
Added options for customisable Locale settings and Title Text for Google Buzz.
NEW in 1.5.3 !
Added Google Buzz buton and counter.
NEW in 1.5.2 !
1. It is possible to automatically add hashtags to the end of the Tweet that the Retweet Button generates, this gives your story the potential to be picked up by people searching for that particular hashtag. You can add any number of Hashtags (comma separated) and the button will do its best to fit them in.
A few other notes to take into consideration
- Hashtags can only take Alpha-numeric characters and _ or – all other characters will be automatically stripped
- You do not need to supply # – this will be added automatically
- The title of the story will be shortened if you supply too many Hashtags
- The Tweet will always stay within the 140 character limit (unless overridden)
2. TweetMeme now lets you specify a URL shortening service which you would prefer to use.This is a list of the URL Shorteners that we are currently supporting:
- awe.sm (API support)
- digg.com (API support)
- su.pr (API support
You need to define a Twitter Username to appear in the Retweet
The plugin does works on subdomains with Joomla SEF.
If you need support, please visit our Forum. The FBShare service requires that the Joomla built in SEF settings be active/enabled to avoid issues with incorrect URL's being pulled, See http://help.joomla.org/ghop/feb2008/task110/GHOPC_J110_SEFrevised-1.odt for a simple guide.