EU Cookie Solution for Joomla! - the Cookie Monster
As you may already know, the EU Cookie Law comes into effect on the 26th May 2012 , while there are many intepretaions of the new Cookie law as so far as implementation and enforcement goes , what is clear is that Site Visitors have to explicitly agree to accept Cookies. Cookie Monster for Joomla is a System Plugin that makes implementing these Notifications a breeze and offers a less intrusive solution for you. Developers can also tap into the plugin to make their scripts compliant, just ask me how . See the Demo
You can read more about the new EU Cookie Law here and here .The Plugin is in the form of a Joomla System plugin and will be released shortly, if you have any Question or Queries, please ask in the Support Centre . Note that will be a Commercial Subscription Package at an affordable $12.99 for 3 months or $24.99 for 12 months, install and use on unlimited Joomla Installations, and released as per License and Terms .
Remember that this is a jQuery based Cookie Acceptance solution and available for Joomla 3.0, 2.5 and Joomla 1.5 . If you have Cookie generating jQuery scripts, check the Docs for how to let CookieMonster handle them for you . Please feeel free to ask if you asre unsure about anything .
Lets take a look at what the Cookie Monster for Joomla offers ...
- Cookies Notification
- Display a Horizontal toolbar at the Top of the Site OR as an overlay on the Page , with a message about the Cookies Use and Policy and an Accept or decline Button.
- Google Analytics
- You can choose to use the plugin to notify Visitor that you are using Google Analytics Tracking and request them to Accept or Decline.
- You can additionally use the plugin to load Google Analytics on your site, just add your Tracking ID in the Plugins parameters. The Cookie Monster is the first and only such soolution to offer and option to run in 3 modes, namely: Implied Consent, Explicit Consent, Normal Mode.
- Block Site Elements
- Loading Scripts
- You can choose to load the Cookie Notification script in the Sites head or before the closing body tags, before the body tag is recommended.
- To function correctly, the Plugin makes use of jQuery 1.7.2 (tested with jQuery 1.4.2+ ) and this is loaded first on a webpage as mandatory.
- Looking ahead
- More functionality will be added , with a view to enhance with features and optimise the plugins scripts .